• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

Cod Liver/Fish Oil v Straight Omega 3 Supp's for BB'ing?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gaz_hmmmm

Bluelighter
Which is best for BB'ing?

I know Western diets (I'm in England) are high in Omega 9 fats and low in Omega-3.

Would the Cod Liver/Fish Oil be better as it's a mixture (Balance?) of Omega-3 & 6 fats?

What doesage should a person be going for when using them for BB'ing and should this dose be any different then one someone would take as a normal health supplement?

Thx for looking!

I'm currently using Holland and Barretts 3-Omega oil. Usually take just the standard recomended dose. I fill up on other healthy fats through what I eat (fish, nuts, etc).

I used to take huge ammounts of Udos when I could get it and that was awesome...

Fish oil is what you want, containsplenty of omega 3. Cod liver oil comes from the fish's liver (suprise suprise) and contains quite a lot of vitamine A which can be bad for you. Holland and Barratt often do good deals on fish oil

cod liver oil can actually be toxic in certain doses cuz of the vit D so gotta be careful

I take an omega complex which has a little more than fish oil. DHA, EPA, GLA, Oleic acid, ALA, LA, Lipase. Usually 8-12 pills/day.

I don't know how much more helpful it is though. Fish oils can sometimes give you the runs if you take too much (or they're enteric coated), so I checked out other options after a while. It seems to be just as good if not better though. My joints don't hurt ever. It's hard to gauge what fish oil/other oil is doing for you once you lose weight though. The initial effect I had was weight loss around my gut (about 5-10 pounds probably) and getting a little more cut, but once that was done you don't see so much. Soft skin and hair I guess. Maybe us young fish oil afficiandos will all have resistance to Alzheimer's in 50 years?

Last edited:
Vital Choice has an oil thats a nice compromise. It has plenty of vitamins A and D but also other antioxidants and a decent dose of DHA n3 oils.

ive heard krill is the best O-3 supplement, it comes in pill form rather than gel. I was also wondering if they sold plain krill to each, im thinking it could be kinda like a living rice. Whale food you know, hehhe, in steroids...

Status
Not open for further replies.